Saturday, August 11, 2007

Lists

Today I had a chance to get some budgeting and organization started. Going through all the boxes of paperwork looking for the IRS stuff reminded me of how organized Katie was. I guess I need to use her example. There are lists all over this house and in boxes. Some are meaningless house chore lists and work lists and I toss them. But other lists I remember her making or they were about things that she wanted to do. I found a drawing that she did of how she wanted the rooms in the house rearranged after the baby came. There are lists of things that we needed for the baby, a budgeting lists for the baby. And I have one list that is mine that sits next to the computer that I can't toss. It's a list of 4 items. Katie called me from the hospital one day when I ran home to pay bills and gave me a list of things to bring back. And for whatever reason that list means so much to me.
It has been good to start writing again. I forgot how therapeutic it was (and I also didn't have the time!) I think that I am going to get rid of cable for a while. I hardly ever watch TV anymore and I could be writing or reading or exercising or doing a lot more productive things. I'll see if I can actually follow through on that, but I feel that it would get me closer to doing the things that I need/want to do. And almost more importantly, it would save me 80 bucks a month. I can't believe that it costs that much!! Digging into the budget really opened my eyes to waste that is built into my spending. It's unfortunate that I haven't applied my knowledge of budgeting and finance from the restaurant to my life, but I guess it's never too late. Now if I could just start turning a profit on myself!!

No comments:

Welcome

Through the worst tragedy I could never imagine, my life has become what it has become. Through this blog, I will continue to tell my story. Some days are good and many are not, but those are the cards I've been delt and I will continue to play my hand until the Lord makes me fold. Also, I hope that you will learn more about Pancreatic cancer and help bring light to this horrible disease so that other victims will be given more time to enjoy life than my precious wife had. Happy reading.